Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Devotions Continue........

Read Jeremiah 33:15-16; see also Ephesians 5:15, 16; Psalm 119:105

Prayer:
Thank You, Lord God, for these precious minutes of peace and quiet that You have provided. The week has been crazy and busy thus far; and with the weight of stress on my mind, there is nothing I need more at this time than a quiet moment in Your presence. When life's problems surround me, I'm prone to neglect You and rely on my own instincts--only later to discover the extent of my foolishness. You'd think I'd have learned by now what a waste of time my fretting is, how pointless my "wisdom" is.

But I'm still on the learning curve, Lord! That's why I am so marvelously grateful for Your patience with me. I stumble in my walk with You, yet You never turn away. I go astray again and again, yet You remain right beside me. You are a God who is worthy of all my confidence. Give me a desire to know You and Your Word so thoroughly that I may always trust Your plans for me. And from here on out, would You please persuade me to come to You early on? I never need to worry when I am in Your hands.
-- Julie

Devotion:
Relax in My healing, holy Presence. Allow Me to transform you through this time alone with Me. As your thoughts center more and more on Me, trust displaces fear and worry. Your mind is somewhat like a seesaw. As your trust in Me goes up, fear and worry automatically go down. Time spent with Me not only increases your trust; it also helps you discern what is important and what is not. Energy and time are precious, limited entities. Therefore, you need to use them wisely, focusing on what is truly important. As you walk close to Me, saturating your mind with Scripture, I will show you how to spend your time and energy. My Word is a lamp to your feet; My Presence is a Light for your path.

(From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young)

Contemplate:
Take a little time to remind yourself how God has come through for you in Christmas seasons' past. What answered prayers can you remember? Perhaps it was a healed relationship, or some funds arriving just in time, or a safe trip despite terrible weather. Whatever it might be, thank God for it again--and use the memories to quell any worry you might be feeling this yuletide season.


No comments:

Post a Comment