Friday, September 14, 2012

What Does God Look LIke?

 
 
I love passages in scripture where we see a glimpse of God’s glory. I like to just ponder his glory and attempt to imagine what it must be like to be in heaven with God. Meditating on these passages spur my prayer life to repentance and to remember that when I pray I have access to a HUGE God!
 
So the next time you pray, I want to encourage you first to ponder these verses in Ezekiel and then go before his throne with your confessions, praises and prayer requests. I think it might just change your prayer life!

In Ezekiel 1:25-28, Ezekiel writes: “Then there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads as they stood with lowered wings(when you have a minute read about these angels that surround the throne in chapter 1 – they are magnificent!). Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell face down.”

Does that not stir your soul! Wow! Who is this God we serve – can we even imagine how awesome he truly is???
 
Trust and rest in this Almighty God’s arms. This is my prayer for the Good Morning Girls today:

” To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and foreveer more! Amen.” Jude 24


Walk with the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment