Monday, September 24, 2012

A Prayer of Thanks


"My Monday is not a rush from beginning to end, no thrills that some would say are things I need to feel alive.
My tomorrow will be busy in itself and there is much to accomplish, so today I slow down and see what you have made for me to enjoy.
Mmmmm - the smell of a chicken casserole cooking in the oven. My headache gone. A couple of sore muscles that are treasured reminders of a horseback ride with old and new friends. A cool breeze gently blowing thru my lovely sheer cafe' curtains made with love by my friend Sharon. A beautiful walk by the water this morning with my friend Claudia. A time to study your word tonight with lovely ladies at church. My later return home to my sweet Hubs.
My heart hurt that you are tending to, and working in and around, I so I feel you there as well today - gently loving me through it and giving me sweet words of both comfort and wisdom.
I am blessed - just so simply and so sweetly blessed.
I count it ALL joy because each thing shows me your favor and your love.
For he says, “In a favorable time I listened to you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation. 2 Corinthians 6:2
You mean then and now, Lord - past and present, Father - ALL is favor, NOW is favor, the GOOD is favor, the HURT is favor, you ARE continually saving me - FAVOR!
Thank you God for the precious gift of this day and everything held within it.
Amen and Amen"


Joyful on the Journey
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment