Monday, February 20, 2012

Hopeless?

Love never fails… —1 Corinthians 13:8

Is there someone in your life you find difficult to love? Maybe you have tried and tried to help the person, and nothing seems to work. I want to share a story with you.

Before Dave and I married, he asked God to send him someone he could help. When God sent him me, he got more than he bargained for! I had serious, serious problems. I am sure many men would have given up.

But Dave continued to pray and seek God for ways to help me, even when I acted as though I did not want help. At times, he even wept because he did not know what to do. He has even shared that he often went for drives in the car to pray and cry, and returned home trusting that God would change me.

I am so thankful today that God was faithful to Dave and to me. He has brought healing, deliverance, and wholeness to me. He had to teach me to think differently, to trust people, to allow myself to be loved, and to love others.

Our journey was not easy, but Dave refused to give up on me, and we both refused to give up on God. Though our early years were difficult, we have had many years of happiness and we look forward to many more.

Love never fails. Don’t give up on people, but keep walking in love and seeking God, and you may see the situation turn around completely!

Love Others Today: If you have a difficult person in your life, don’t give up. Each time they come to mind say out loud, “I believe that God is working.”

From the book Love Out Loud by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2011 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment