Friday, April 15, 2011

Good Morning, God!





“Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22-23).

My alarm went off at 6:00 a.m. Again. I had to get breakfast ready to serve the campers at 8:00. Again. I had been doing this since the middle of June. It was August and I was tired of working at camp. Later that day, I talked to my friend. She said I needed to stop thinking “Good God, its morning,” and start thinking, “Good morning, God!”

Routine can really get us down. It’s hard to be joyful when we think we’re just facing another routine day. Thanks to God, we don’t have to dread the coming day. No matter how hard it may be, I’ve found that it is crucial to wake up in the morning and say and believe,

“Good morning, God!” Decide that this is the day that the Lord has made. Decide to rejoice in it. Ask Him to remind you throughout the day that this day is good because He is in it.

Before you get out of bed, recite some verses you have memorized, and repeat them throughout the day. Pray and ask Him to be with you and guide you through this day and to remind you to rejoice in this new day. When your focus is on God, your focus won’t be on the routine of the day. When you are totally living the day for God, you will be more focused on carrying His name in everything you do.

I woke up in my dorm room several months after that day at camp. It was a normal January day, but to me, it was the third anniversary of when I had committed my life to Christ. I woke up determined to make it a special day with God.

I prayed for fifteen minutes first thing that morning. Throughout the day, I talked with God and intentionally spent time with Him. It was an awesome day. I didn’t want it to end.

Later that day, I realized the joy of celebrating that anniversary didn’t have to end. I could still totally focus on God every day. I decided then that every day would be a special day because God is walking through the day with me.

Today is a new day. Celebrate! Thank God for this day.

Questions: How can you make today a positive day to celebrate in with God? When do you especially need God’s help to keep from negatively thinking, “Good God, its morning”?

By: Power to Change

No comments:

Post a Comment